Thursday, February 3, 2011

Lucy - Day 3: I Think I Can!


I actually feel lighter! Maybe that's because I'm peeing all the time from the water and the green tea with each meal. I realized that I have at least 16 oz. of liquids before I even get to work: the lemon water and the green tea with breakfast. So, after my cup of coffee (which IS allowed...just no fatty creamer or sugar; go with non-fat powdered creamer and sweetener), I could barely walk down the hall! And all of that liquid doesn't go toward my "water intake." Whew!


I'm with Ted: the carb withdrawal hit me about 9pm last night, and I'm a little woozy. I did the same thing by having an apple with my breakfast of scrambled egg whites with mushrooms and asparagus. I think we're going to try the Kefir milkshake tomorrow. We got some individual-sized fruit Kefir, and they were quite tasty. Lots of live active cultures to work in the digestive system.


I will say that my tummy grumbles all the time. I think it's a by-product of all the probiotics and veggies. I confuse it with being hungry sometimes. Trying to remember that I can always have protein or veggies if I'm at my 2 servings of probiotics or fruit.


Here's a yummy recipe I discovered last night for dinner: Creamed Spinach


1 package frozen spinach, thawed

1 Tbsp fat-free sour cream

Dried minced onion (to taste)

Garlic salt (to taste)


Squeeze the liquid out f the spinach, and put in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave the spinach for 3 minutes. Add the sour cream, minced onion and garlic salt. Microwave for 3 more minutes. Stir thoroughly. Ta-da!


I think I can...I think I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment