Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Day 7 - Ted (Back to a work week)

Breakfast:
• Eggs with fat free cheese
• Green tea

Snack:
• CarbMaster Yogurt - Carrot Cake

Lunch:
• Turkey lettuce wraps with fat free cheese and mustard

Dinner:
• Grilled chicken garden salad - Balsamic Vinaigrette

After Dinner:
• Cup of Miso Soup
• CarbMaster Yogurt - Spiced Pear
• Two lettuce leaves with a spoon full of Greek Yogart Curried Chicken Salad

Water:
• About 30 oz

Observations:
Here's the thing about Monday. We met some friends from out of town for dinner at an Irish pub. They picked the place so we sorted through the menu to see what would work. Sadly almost nothing. I finally went with the standard garden salad. They added grilled chicken for me and I had them hold the cheese and croutons. They didn't have a low fat or fat free dressing on the menu so I went with the balsamic vinaigrette and used the fork dip method as I normally do now with salads. Lucy had the spinach salad that I'm sure normally comes drizzled with hot bacon grease, but she asked that the bacon and blue cheese be held in place of grilled chicken, she also had them add cucumbers. Most places are happy to help if you're just nice about it. The larger issue was the size of my salad. After having gotten use to eating larger than average salads as complete meals and not a starter or side I found the salad to be small and not satisfying in the long run. By the time we got home I was hungry again. So I had some yogurt and miso. Yes, I know. Two probiotics at the same time when I had already had yogurt earlier in the day. Mess up on my part. The two lettuce leaves were a test snack of a chicken salad Lucy made off the recommendation from a friend using Greek yogurt and curry. I'll see if she can post the recipe.

Over all another day not too unlike the weekend, just trying to do the best I can.

1 comment:

  1. You need to take part in a contest for one of the greatest sites on the internet.
    I most certainly will recommend this blog!

    Have a look at my site: best diet plan

    ReplyDelete