Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Lucy - Day 15


I'm feeling a little skinnier...I hope that feeling bodes well for the Friday Weigh-In.


I, too, was a slacker on the water yesterday. Mondays aren't ususally as busy for me, but yesterday was one of those days where I couldn't squeeze anything else in, including water. But I'm back on track today. Luckily, the liquid area seems to be my only downfall, not what I'm eating. I avoided all the yummies and candies for Valentine's Day, and only had 1 piece of sugar-free caramel. Yay for me!


And the stuffed peppers DID turn out excellently, if I must say so myself. Here's the recipe:


10 green, red, yellow, orange bell peppers

2 pounds lean ground turkey

1 onion, chopped,

3 stalks celery, chopped

1 can fire-roasted tomotoes with juice

1 small can tomato sauce

garlic

Italian seasoning

Fat-free grated Parmesan cheese


Hollow out the peppers and place them upside down on a baking sheet with nonstick spray. Cook on 350 degrees for 20 minutes. While the peppers are baking, brown the ground turkey and cook out all the moisture. Add the onions, and cook out all the moisture. Add the celery, and cook out all the moisture. The turkey should start to get brown and "crunchy."


Add the fire-roasted tomatoes, tomato sauce, garlic and Italian seasoning. Mix well. Turn down to low and cover until peppers have cooked 20 minutes.


Remove the peppers and turn oven to 450. Scoop turkey mixture into each pepper, filling to the top. Put stuffed peppers back in the oven for 10 minutes.


Remove the peppers and sprinkle fat-free parmesan cheese on top of each pepper. Cook another 10 minutes.


We'd planned to eat 3 peppers for dinner each, and 2 for lunch the next day, but 2 peppers were plenty for dinner! So the leftover peppers are going with vegetable soup that was in the freezer tonight. Making extra is a great way to save time, and also look forward to a recipe that turned out great!

No comments:

Post a Comment