Friday, March 4, 2011

Lucy - Day 15, Phase 2

Yes, I've been on jury duty. And what an experience! Before I get started with my diet thoughts, let me say that I don't ever want to do that again. It's a great life experience, but it interrupted my entire life, planted roots in my mind every waking moment (and some sleeping ones), and was one of the most difficult things I've ever had to do. On the flip side, I'm glad I did it at the age I am now, and not when I was in my 20's. I think my life experience made me more of an asset as a juror.

Moving on...

Ted's right, the environment was extremely controlled. How's that?

First, I'm used to drinking almost 60 oz. of water a day, which means I have to pee about every 20-30 minutes. That's tough to do when you get a break every 1.5 hours. I don't think the Judge would have appreciated me raising my hand constantly to ask if we could take a recess.

Second, I couldn't eat as often as I was used to. Yes we took breaks, but they were unorganized, and made it hard to snack.

Third: I usually take all my snacks and lunch to work and put them in my personal fridge. No such fridge in the Jury Deliberation Room. One day, I ate at the courthouse cafeteria...spinach salad. Not too bad. The other days, I took my lunch and packed my bag with cold packs. Worked pretty well.

There were days I didn't get to eat all my snacks, and by the time I got home, I was ready to throw a dog and on the grill! Don't worry, all 3 kids are in tact. But I was crazy hungry when I got home. I could have eaten 3 or 4 containers of yogurt, a Power Cookie, and several handfuls of almonds. I really tried not to...I tried to have something I was allowed and drink more water.

Now, for my weigh-in: I lost another 1.2 pounds! That's a total of 9.8 pounds in 32 days! I'm pretty happy with almost 10 pounds. Ted says I look thinner, and I notice it a bit. I wasn't able to exercise this week, and by the time I got home, I was so mentally exhausted, working out was the furthest thing from my mind. My plan for tomorrow is to sleep in a little, work out, clean up, and watch movies all day. Oh, come on...it's supposed to rain all weekend! Ok, I'll do some reading, too. Happy now?

Tell us how you're doing. Seeing other people's successes is so motivating!

No comments:

Post a Comment